French Bistro Turkey Cutlets (4 servings)
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 Teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Pound TURKEY CUTLETS, patted dry
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Cup chopped shallots
- 1 Tablespoon fresh minced garlic
1. Mix herbs and seasonings together and sprinkle over turkey cutlets.
2. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté just until tender. Add garlic and sauté only until fragrant, about 30-45 seconds. Remove shallots and garlic from oil and keep warm.
3. Add turkey cutlets to hot flavored oil. Sauté cutlets, being careful not to crowd the pan. Cook until the cutlets are golden brown and carefully turn to cook the other side. Cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
4. Place turkey on warm dinner plates and spoon reserved shallots and garlic atop each portion.
© 2010 National Turkey Federation
Caribbean Turkey Burgers with Honey Pineapple Chutney (4 Servings)
- Honey Pineapple Chutney
- 1 Ripe fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 Large sweet onion, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 Cup honey
- 1/4 Cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 Tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger root
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 Cup red bell pepper, seeded and minced
1. Brush pineapple and onion slices with 1-1/2 tablespoons oil.
2. Using the direct grill method, grill for about 5 minutes per side over medium-high heat or until lightly charred; remove and let cool slightly. Discard tough pineapple core.
3. Finely chop pineapple and onion and place in a medium saucepan with honey, vinegar, orange peel, ginger and allspice; stir well.
4. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered for 45 minutes. Add minced bell pepper and cook for 10 minutes more; let cool.
- 1-1/4 Pounds GROUND TURKEY, extra lean
- 1/2 Cup Honey Pineapple Chutney
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 Hawaiian sweet sandwich rolls or potato burger buns, split and toasted
- As needed butter lettuce leaves, washed, drained and chilled
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the ground turkey, 1/2 cup honey pineapple chutney, jerk seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
2. Shape into 4 large flat patties and brush each with 1/2 teaspoon oil.
3. Using the direct grill method, grill burgers over medium coals for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
4. Serve on toasted buns lined with lettuce leaves. Place a heaping spoonful of chutney on top of each burger.
Recipe Source: Recipe and Photo from The National Honey Board